Tuesday, November 4, 2008

1:23 AM

Sorry, no election results yet. This has been the most uneventful historic day ever in this first hour. . .but I do have some thoughts. First, why am I so crazed about this (didn't know this was going to be a psychotherapy session, did you? Neither did I). Don't you all feel like you are a part of something so much greater and larger in this election? Isn't it amazing that so many people have become involved in this process and have been paying attention? Isn't the process itself (besides the fact that Illinois and Arizona have been represented by only one senator for the past two years) healthy and a strong message to the rest of the world? I don't know, I'm pretty convinced that we're getting a lot of attention on the world stage and that the message is good: democracy is good, prejudice is bad, there is hope for the United States. It's hard not to get caught up in the fever of it all if you give a damn.

What's the first thing President Obama should do in office? Abolish the electoral college? (For all of your constitutional people out there, I'm aware that a president cannot do that but you know what I mean). Nationalize healthcare? (Apparently that can be done pretty easily). What do you think?

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Good Morning, All!!! My family and I just voted. I have always exercised my right to vote, but this year felt like so much more.

I am with you, Annmarie, this has turned out to be one long psychotherapy session. After a little crying and a lot of alcohol, I did manage to get some sleep last night, but I suspect that I will be up for much of the next twenty four hours. Talk to you soon.

GO VOTE!!!
Kelsie