Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2:17 AM - Republican Rallies

The only thing worth reporting is that Barack Obama landed in Chicago and went home. I presume that he is going to go to sleep so why on earth wouldn't I? Apparently, nothing happens in the middle of the night on election day.

Hmmm, John McCain is having a rally in Arizona in a little while and hang on, Sarah Palin is about to speak in Nevada. This could be good. Her dad just said that he taught Sarah to field dress a moose a long time ago and that tomorrow she is going to field dress a donkey. Sarah Palin says that when she was a senior in high school and her team was the underdog, they went to the state championship, and apparently that bodes well for her ticket tomorrow. She is now introducing her husband, as she calls him "Alaska's first dude" (I can't believe this is still happening). She's saying something about the White House, though there's a good chance she's never been there. I like her jeans and can't help but wonder how much they cost.

She so far has not mentioned the 6 minute prank call from a Nicolas Sarkozy impersonator in which she was fooled into believing that she was actually talking to a world leader. Spending freeze on all but essential services? She conveniently leaves out her promise to parents of children with special needs for additional support which would then not be accompanied by federal funds. She's on a rampage now about cutting taxes, despite the fact that her party has run up the most ridiculous deficit imaginable. (Forgive me, it's late and she gives me a lot to say.)

Switching to McCain's rally now. His wife is introducing him. I have no idea what either of them are saying because the pundits don't appear to be able to stop talking. All I see is a sea of white faces. Here we go: McCain is declaring with a lot of emphasis that tomorrow he will be president of the United States. Now he's talking about Todd Palin too. "Alaska's first dude" and the fact that he won a snowmobile championship with a broken arm. Why should I know this? He's grateful for Joe Lieberman and thinks Cindy would make a great first lady. He's seen momentum in the last few days and now he just needs to get out the vote. His campaign is about three things: reform, prosperity and peace. No more bridges to nowhere (by his running mate, I guess). He's going to keep people in their homes because it is the American dream. He won't be tested by our enemies because he knows them and they know him and he knows how to deal with them. He will "inspire a generation of Americans to serve a cause greater than themselves" (serving in the military). There will be times when we don't know why he does things. He'll never let us down and he's glad to be home. Some nice words at the end, actually.

I need coffee.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Nadine writing:
so do you want to start up an all night espresso delivery service with me or what?

Glad that you invited us to share. I'm always into talking about myself.
I'm still a playing the sore loser that I didn't get to see my gal get in BUT

I'm proud to report the great thing I did today was bring to my kids to vote. Addison had been on the phone with Sergio (he's 5) talking up Obama. So I rushed everyone in the famvan with breakfast in hand to show them the vote. Sergio says Obama rules, (that's a bit extreme for my taste) and Eva says she votes for O-Cain.
Henriette is probably more like me, she doesn't care either way, just looking for the juice and cookies at the polling place. And even though they were geriatric poll workers, they didn't have any juice or cookies. After all, it's not like donating blood? or is it?

ARJensen said...

Nadine, your gal is going to be just fine. She's still a phenomenal public servant and I'd love to see her a majority leader in the Senate in 2 years.

Yes, would love to do the all-night espresso thing, with you but I fear that I would drink all of the profits.

How great is this whole process for our kids?

We'll have juice and cookies here tonight--come on down!!